Sunday, January 1, 2012

My, What is This? Holiday

I am back! I hope everyone had a great Christmas (*gasps* I said it!), and new years! I know that at my Christmas I was very happy to be reunited with my whole family again in L.A. Is in those moments when you realize, for example, how much you missed your sister, and your brother, and your aunt, uncle, bla bla bla. Of course, that sentiment with my sister only lasted for about 3 hours. After that, I wanted to be far, far, faaaaar away from her.

Nothing against her, but... She can be a pain in the @$$ when she wants to.

Anyway, because we were going to be such a large group of people getting together for this Christmas, my mom had this brilliant idea of doing an exchange present. This way we would only had to buy one present (or several, up to $70) for this one person. It would make it easier on people who are poor (like me!), or people who are new to the family (my sister's boyfriend and my cousin's boyfriend).

Imagine my surprise, when I arrive to the house, to see THIS under the Christmas tree. And yes, I had to take picture of this, because it is so fricking ridiculous.




I was like, this is NOT an exchange present! You all cheated! What is this, I don't even...

Later on it was cleared up to me that the exchange presents were not under the Christmas tree, but on the corner of the other side of the room. So these presents were BESIDES the exchange present thing. And I know any other person would be thrilled at the thought of getting lots of presents this year, but my only thought at that moment was:

This is going to take forever...

And it did. We started at 6 with dinner, and soon after that we opened presents. We finished at 2 o' clock in the morning. Go figure.

Of course, I am happy that I got great presents this year. One of my favorite presents were my artbook of Alice: Madness Returns. A beautiful book, go buy it if you can! Another artbook of Nightmare Before Christmas. A weekend pass for the Ikkicon VI that my friend bought for me (made me so happy, yay!). The games of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus (which I already finished *coughs*), and Christmas tree ornaments of NBC for my black and white tree. 

I already went to the Ikkicon, it happens on the weekend of New Years, so I will be posting the pictures of that convention tomorrow. I found great new cosplays there, and it made me extremely happy. 

Okay, I am done for today. I am kind of tired, and I really don't have much to say except a few more complains of things that my sister said/did to me, but who wants to hear about that?

Hope you all started this new year as awesome as I did! I am more than glad to hear/read other people's experiences and stuff.

Have a great day everyone!

Ja ne

No comments: