Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Corpse Party

I am not a huge fan of horror games myself. They tend to leave me with pretty interesting dreams, and my imagination can go so far beyond what I usually see in movies or games. But, for some unexplainable reason, I decided to try this horror game called Corpse Party. All I could say is that I saw that it had very good reviews, and wanted to give it a try.

I think it is cursed. For all the days that I played, I had horrible dreams. They stopped when I decided to stop playing the game. So, for me that counts as cursed. But it is incredibly good. Not only are the Japanese still the masters of horrible stories (taking out their cliches), but the characters are very realistic as well (taking out they look like animes).

It's about this group of teenagers who "mysteriously" are spirited away to this school called Heavenly Host Elementary School (now, that name for me is scary already) where is full of not only ghosts, but decaying bodies in such a horrible conditions where is easily noticed how they died in a painful, slow way.

Not surprisingly, not all the dead bodies there were killed by the ghosts. If anything, most of the killings were done by the living. Makes perfect sense to me.

Now, the characters. I liked that instead of develop this "hidden knowledge" of how to handle a weapons they randomly found (like sooooome games I know...), they reacted as someone in reality would have done have they been in their position. They screamed like girls, and run.

So, pretty much the whole time you are trying to find out where the heck are you, scare the shit out of you for all the dead bodies everywhere, avoid ghosts at all cost, and run away from enemies (which, as I mentioned before, are not all dead).

Here is a very good preview of the game



Mind you. Do remember that Japanese like to follow their cliches. So, for me at least, it was pretty obvious from very early in the game what was reaaaaally going on with the story. But was still surprising nonetheless on the ends. Yes, plural. You can get aaaaaaaaall kinds of ends on this game. It really depends on what you do, and not do. Kind of refreshing from my other games where usually they are either with one end only, or have no end at all *cough*skyrim*cough*.

If I already got your attention on this game, and you don't mind a little of spoiling, here is a very good video of the game too:




This video might show that suddenly all the characters of the game die. But that is why I mean with this game having different kinds endings on each chapter. You can either kill them all, or get the good ending.

Unto the characters! We also have our cliches here. The usual tough guy with a very warm heart. The usual (or not) little sister who has not so sisterly love for her brother. The usual girl friend who takes too many liberties with your body, and might not have such friendly love either. The usual girl who is so naive that you already know she is going to die first.

And the not so usual.

The guy with an obsession of death (thought, for me, that's becoming usual). The guy with a freaky schadenfreude. The girl who REALLY loved her sensei so much, she would do ANYTHING for him. And the little girl who would also do ANYTHING for her mother too. Do make a note on my capitals.

And of course, as Japanese often do. If they have something for the Yuri fans. They also have something for the Yaoi fans! Pffff....



Leaves a bittersweet feelings the extra chapters of the game...

Anyway! I really enjoyed the game, and I will never EVER play it again! 8D

Have a great day everyone!

Ja ne

No comments: