Sunday, August 25, 2013

Free! Episode 1

Okay, so I am finally posting my first thoughts on the anime series Free! The first one is kinda mellowed compared to the coming episodes, but it still did made me laugh at how much these characters seems to lack common sense. Mainly, it seems that EVERYONE in that school has locked it away in a treasure chest and buried it in a far away kingdom, but that will be something I will be commenting later on the show...

Here is Episode 1!

The intro was really quite nice, to be honest. At the very end though, when he start going on how the water and him were almost one and the same, I was like, "what's on that water?!" I knew all those chemicals they use on pools were bad for the brain, and this just proves it!

But then again, you all know what they say about "prodigies."

Unfortunately the "funky stuff going through your head" is still there. You will prove it to us in just a few minutes...

Now... I usually like to try and guess what the plot is going to be, but this is like a punch to the face. Oh, you have no idea who he has eyes for? WELL, HERE IT IS! *SMACK*.

BIGGEST. SPOILER. EVER...

My reactions at this part were really hilarious. They pretty much went like this. Oh, he is still in the tub? Oh! Wow, look at those muscle- Wait, wait, wait, he is getting up, but the camera still in that angle!? WAI- Oh, a bathing suit... 

Still trying to decide if I was disappointed or not... Mmm...

That's love, man. Someone who can read you like a book is love. Too bad you already punched us in the face with who you have your eyes for!

This is the face of someone who is brokenhearted.

Rei: I'm going to become a Olympic swimmer!
Haruka: I see how it is. Is your dreams more important to you than me?
Rei: Wha-
Haruka: Are you going to abandom me-us, just so you can get special swimming lessons?
Rei: Er...
Haruka: DID LAST NIGHT MEANT NOTHING TO YOU! 
Rei: Wait, just wha-
Haruka: I swam for you, you bi*beep*ch, and this is how you repay me!!!
Makoto: Er, guys? I am still here despise have been completely erased from the scene...

Now this was a scene (the first of many) where I was going WTF with the characters. Wait, what? You are going to race? Now? Why are you getting naked? WHY do you have a bathing suit?! Why do you TOO have a bathing suit! Wait, REALLY? You are going to race without looking to see if there is at least water in the pool?! WAIT, STOP! THE POOL MUST BE SO UNSANITARY!!!

Seems this series might be contagious with WTF moments.

Fan service. Yes, do take your clothes there. It makes perfect sense to wait to get into that pool in your bathing suit. Hey, follow the game (see previous post) along, and go with your bathing suit EVERYWHERE. You already use them as underwear after all...

So, we criticize Haruka all the time for always been ready to dive into a pool. I would rather have that than Nagisa going skinny dipping! Oh, don't you be mad at me for choosing this scene instead of the other one (and you know which one I'm talking about!) to talk about it!

Did anybody else wonder how come, if they haven't been swimming for years (supposedly), they still have all those muscles? They even have more muscles than the Olympic swimmers! (Yes, I looked, shame on me) No wonder Gou goes crazy around these guys! Who wouldn't?!

I am just posting this part because I want someone to explain to me the ending, because I DON'T GET IT! What does this have to do with anything?!?!?! Maybe this is where the common sense was buried... Mmm...

Anyway, let me know what you think! Not my best material, but I did say that there wasn't much to talk about on this first episode. As the other episodes come and get crazier, so will my inner thoughts and comments... Hopefully *prays*.

Have a nice weekend!

Ja ne

No comments: