Saturday, August 31, 2013

It was yummy- I mean entertaining... In the end

So my roommate has been somewhat infatuated with this sports car that he bought a couple of months ago. I mean it. Every time he has the opportunity to drive and show off his car, he does it. We need snacks? Drives his car. We need to check the mail? Drives his car. Need a break? Drives his car. Any excuse he can use, he does as long as he gets to drive his darn car.

Me, on the other hand, as long as it has the basic necessities, I wouldn't give a buck if it was the ultimate most powerful car known to man. It drives, and it has air conditioning? Good enough for me...

Anyway, a couple of days ago supposedly I "promised" to go with him to a somewhat of a reunion where different people would take their sports cars to show off, mingle, eat food, have a nice time... I can't for the life for me remember when I would make a promise like that, but he says I did. I am pretty sure that he must have used a time when he would know I wouldn't be paying attention to his conversation. He does it sometimes. Specially when I am doing my homework.

So, today I was dragged against my will to this gathering. With the bad start that we had, I was hesitating really bad going to this thing... We were getting ready to leave at the door, when I see him holding my camera.

Me: Is that my camera?

BB (my roommate): Yeah, can I use it to take pictures?

NOW you are asking me this when you already have it in your hands with all the intention of using it for this?

Me: ... Yeah, sure. Just as long as you don't erase the pictures that I've already taken from my convention.

BB: Oh, I already did.

... What?

BB: But I saved them on my computer, if you need them.

I don't believe that for a second. Why would HE have MY pictures saved on his computer? AGH!

The most horrible thing about his "amazing" vehicle is that it's very sensitive to anything that is on the road. You are constantly going up and down on the concrete, and you can feel the pull when he accelerates and slows down. I hate that thing. Five minutes in I could feel the food already back in my mouth...

BB: Why are you so quiet?

Me: I'm not feeling so good...

BB: Oh, okay!

And then he decides to turn out his music really, really loud. I mean really loud. And it was the rock screaming and shouting kind too. Between the hollering that I could feel echoing inside my mind, and my stomach doing somersaults because of the car, my head had only space for I'M IN HELL! and KILL ME NOW!

It took me about ten minutes before I was confident enough that I was not going to grace his recently-washed car with my lunch.

Me: How much longer?

BB: We'll get there pretty soon. It's not far.

Me: Ok...

BB: *mumbles* Is it this exit or the next one...?

Oh. My. God! He is going to get us lost AND will cause me to make me feel sick again! If I didn't feel like I've already suffered enough, I would have facepalmed myself right there. Finally he was genius enough (insert sarcasm sign here) to use his GPS, and we arrived to the place. I literally jumped out of the car to hug the ground.

I got to give him credit thought that he was smart enough to direct me first to the desserts to calm me down before I exploded on his face. He got bonus points that the chocolate I got there was extremely good. We started walking around, or more like he was walking while I was dragging my feet behind him. You could see the excitement on his face while looking at the other models of the cars, and at the opportunity of showing off his car to whoever was interested in seeing it. It was amusing for about five seconds, before I took off to take a seat and start reading my book.

Yeah, yeah, I'm not the greatest friend. Sue me.

He would still come back to drag me every once in a while to a vehicle he thought I might find interesting. We bought some food, had some drinks, and ate even more chocolates. Actually, I think I went to the chocolate place enough times that they started recognizing me...

Lady: I see that you like chocolate.

Me: I'm actually tasting them to find out if I actually do like them.

Lady: ... Oh. And?

Me: ... *takes another bite* It's too early to draw a hypothesis yet.

Lady: ....

I guess the lady will never know if I was joking or not. Finally it seemed like things were turning up nicely. He had fun talking to some other people about gods know what (I was still reading my book during those moments, so I wasn't paying attention), and when it started getting darker, we drove home.

It was interesting, to say at least. I'm kinda glad I got to experience it once (and ONLY once it will be!), and was glad that my roommate had a good time... At my expense...

The only downside to all this was that he never actually used the camera to take pictures. So my pictures were sacrificed for nothing...

Now, to end up this post with a blast, I will be sharing a video that made me laugh my head off. If you are familiar with the anime Free! AND My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, you will laugh too. It's a must see!



Have a great weekend everyone!
 Ja ne

No comments: