Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Very Potter Musical

This saturday my friend broke his ankle playing basketball (happens all the time, I don't know why he insist on playing). So all our plans of hanging out died completely without having anything to do. I was kind of moping on the computer, when another friend of mine showed me this link for a Potter Musical made by fans. I repeat... made by fans...

I repeat fans, because the actually story is not really based on the books. Actually is more like all seven books put together to make one long story that really makes me wonder why we had to wait for seven books anyway for the story to conclude. Ah yes... Money.

I was kind of reluctant because well, to be a musical and be good what are the odds of that? But, because I didn't have anything to do, I decided watched it.

Like they say, "It's totally awesome."

Kind of long, but is very very VERY worth to watch it (if you really enjoy Harry Potter, and want to totally forget those awful movies they are playing at the theaters).


I want to dedicate this post to put a hierarchy of my favorite characters displayed at the musical:

Number 1! Draco Malfoy! Him rolling around on the ground while showing off how he is leaving Hogwards to go to Pigfarts... that is on Mars? AWESOME. He is a girl, indeed, but he looks so much like the actor/character that you totally forgive that. Thaaat he has a crush on Hermione? I ignore it, because something as sinful as that doesn't happen on my world. NUH-UH! Really really funny guy, and I just loooooove how he rolls on the ground. Oh do it for me baby!

Number 2! Serverus Snape! Soooo like the actor of the movie (if not kind of exaggerated) that is (again) totally awesome. Trying to kill Dumbledore during the whole musical? Great! Him being a double double agent? Who didn't expect that? I want to put my favorite quotes from him.

"Can anyone tell me what a Portkey is? Very good. Now, can anyone tell me what forshadowing is?"

"Waah!! Ginger!"

"(to Draco Malfoy) Coward! Ten points from Gryffindor!"

Number 3! Albus Dumbledore! I didn't expect that one either! Sooo funny. So unlike the real Albus Dumbledore that makes me like him more. He has a crush on Zac Effron (as you can see, don't really know the guy, because I can't write his name well either), and fights for who loves him more against Ron and Harry XD. Favorite quotes!

"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?"

"Ten points for Dumbledore!"

"Granger, nobody studies at Hogwarts except for you."

"Serverus Snape is one of the kindest, bravest, gentiles, sexiest man I have ever met."

Number 4! Lord Voldermort! One word. GAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAY. Here he is portrayed with Professor Quirrel, and kinda... shows... a very different relationship that what we are used to. It also explains many things that I always wondered like, "how did they sleep?" or "what if Voldemort is hungry or thirsty?" Amazing character. And, must admit, what a wonderful BODY. Watch it! And you will see what I'm talking about! Here are some quotes:

"Okay, just... relax with the Dark King. I watch you wipe your butt daily."

"I know Quirrel! I HEAR EVERYTHING THAT YOU HEAR!"

"I just ah... I just kill people that just try to make me open up you know? ... Oops..."

"You'll think killing people might make them like me, but it doesn't. I just makes them dead."

Other things that are funny? Well, Professor Quirrel is an example. A Cho Chang who is NOT Asian (actually has a Texan accent?). The dragon is great too! Ron Weasley who eats during the WHOLE play (where does he get all this stuff?). They kind of don't know the actual spells... but... who cares?

It is a definitely must be watched. I so highly recommended to spend an afternoon enjoying something Potteresque and bloody funny.

Hope you all like it as much as I did!

See you soon!

3 comments:

Ainsley said...

I LLOOOVVVEEEDD this musical. I discovered it today. I think I almost wet my pants from laughing so hard! Draco is my favourite character!!

Larissa!! said...

OMG so true He made Voldemort super sexy! BUT I loved the musical and every guy's obsession with Zefron!!
Draco is my fav character and so Is Voldemort!!
"I came home"lol :D

Anonymous said...

LAUREN LOPEZ(draco)
IS AWESOOOME! love her fav character