Monday, August 31, 2009

What's up with Funimation?

Something very big happened to Nabari no Ou.

This is how it started...

I was surfing through the website of Funimation today (it indeed happened today, and had to post it as soon as possible), going through the episodes of Nabari no Ou that they have, because I wanted to see their translations.

We all know that supposedly they have the more "accurate" translations of Japanese to English, or gosh we hope so (because if not then we would be full of lies). Or course they have their small differences here and there that either they are not very important or so highly important (that it makes me want to kill the translators).

For example: You all remember the conversations between Raikou and Miharu about being Yoite's friend? They killed it... Somewhat... Instead of saying the usual, "You are more than friends" (blushes), they have the, "Instead of friends... I'll would say that you only are thinking of Yoite" (very very roughly put. Is not exactly what they say, but the main point is there). LOOKS the same, but the romance is dead...

So anyway, moving to the episode number 14 is where it happened. The same as usual, I was complaining about how they keep killing the romance between Yoite and Miharu's conversations:

They put instead of the "I want to know what's in your heart," the "I want to know what's in your mind." Again, they sound the same, but they totally kill the romance of that moment.

This is when I noticed it. I even took pictures, so you can see it along with me! The usual images that we see in YouTube and other websites is this, for example:

Looks normal right? Here is when Miharu wants to stop the bleeding Yoite got from the sword. We all have seen it several times (or million times, if you are as masochist as me). THIS is what they had in Funimation website...

See the BIG difference? I'm like "what the fuck," did they had to go overboard with the drama? I think it was fine the way it was. Did they had to overboard, and had Miharu FREAK OUT with the change? I bet your face was the same as mine when I saw this!

WHY DID THEY DO THIS?

Again, another example!

Again. Looks the same, Kouichi was shot and boom! He is bleeding...

Now, here, he is BLEEDING! The blood even shines in the camera, you see?

Oh no! Kouichi has fallen dead at Thobari's feet...

Again, now Kouichi has fallen in his own pool of blood, at Thobari's feet. The blood actually grows more than this. I just didn't feel like waiting for it all.

Was this really necessary may I ask you? It is already traumatizing enough to have Yoite almost dead in this episode. But to put him with so much blood? Is Funimation trying to kill us with shock or what? It certainly almost scares me to death...

See you all next time! Hopefully I can put today the post I was supposed to put today (if it was not for seeing this). But don't hold too much hope on that. If not, tomorrow see the wonderful world of Harry Potter and MUSICALS!

See ya!

4 comments:

heijihatsutori said...

Wow~ That's one hell of blood over there...I don't remember which version I watch...but the one of Koichi with the blood on screen kind fof me shock a bit...*sigh*

~Yoite~ said...

My reaction to Yoite's bleeding would have been something like this...

GASPOMGNUUUUUYOITEEEEEEDONTYOUDAREDIEONMEEEEEEENUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Making me totally useless, and pointing out my hiding space from the Koga ninjas.

Yoite saying that he didn't want to die? I would have fainted without a shadow of doubt. And he would say something like, "dang, now I am going to die."

heijihatsutori said...

Indeed! The amount of blood is just...ridiculous...

'dang, now I am going to die' LOL.

~Yoite~ said...

Now they are having even blood dripping in the camera! I am like wtf? Just keep it as it is! Why make it more dramatic?