Friday, June 26, 2009

Coincidences or not...

I just wanted to comment in this entry something weird that happened to me these couple of weeks (or that I consider weird, maybe not...).

Before all this Nabari no Ou happened, I was also very hooked up with Kyo Kara Maoh (I hope you are all familiar with it, if not... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?). It’s the usual hint shounen-ai hint, but not exactly if you don’t want it to be. My favorite character of that series is Wolfram von Bielefield for the simple fact that I have never seen such a wonderful maturity develop in a character (it is 3 seasons, so he had a lot of time to grow really). His insistency on their engagement, dedication and love towards the Yuuri Heika (king) makes him adorable. Plus he is very very bishounen (beautiful boy). But after suffering (through 3 whole seasons) how Yuuri would just brush him aside, I simply decided to go to another anime, and relieve my frustration.

(Yes, this all has a point really!)

Then I came across what was Monochrome Factor. I have read some parts of the manga, so I pretty much knew what it was about. I just couldn’t believe that in the anime they made Shirogane be romantically interested in Akira when in the manga there is none at all. But well, having a little of shounen-ai of course I was going to watch it! And watch it I did. I enjoyed it really much except the parts where I felt like hitting Akira for treating Shirogane so poorly (resemblance to Kyo Kara Maoh again...)

After that I came across the anime of Kuroshitsuji. It kinda reminded me of Yami no Matsuei (descendants of darkness) with the whole Faustian issue of selling your soul to a demon in exchange for something. In Kuroshitsuji, Ciel (the protagonist) asks the demon for its help in his revenge for his family and heritage, and the demon becomes his butler. A very dark anime with a lot of violence, mistery, slight touch of comedy (if you have dark humor really) and repulsiveness (mostly focused on the angel *shudders*).

Finishing that, and by the insistence of a friend, I turned my attention to Ouran High School Host Club. I don’t really want to say anything about it, I really don’t. I guess, if you want to laugh at the stupidity of others, this is the anime for you!

Having completed it is when I saw Nabari no Ou, and I am pretty much sure you all know what happened. Saw it all, read it (can’t say all, not all is translated), loved it all and now can’t get it out of my head. My friends tried to help me with my new obsession by showing me a new anime called Hetalia Axis Power.

Being that a practical failure (Hetalia really is only 22 episodes for now, and each is five minutes, you can finish it within the day). I started to research more about NnO, and I must admit that ever since I heard Yoite’s voice something about it was like bothering me (Transamerica came to mind). Here is when I came across this very very weird coincidence. I found that the voice actor of Yoite is Mitsuki Saiga, and for some reason I wanted to see in what other animes she has been hired for too.

Not only is she also Wolfram von Bielefield (insert squeal here). She also appears in Monochrome Factor (as Haruka), Kuroshitsuji (Edward V), Ouran High School Host Club (Liberia’s leader), Nabari no Ou (Yoite) AND Hetalia (Iceland).

“OMG I’m following her career here! Next I would be watching Loveless!” No, it is sarcasm. I won’t watch that, the age difference is TOO much for me. Maybe Koutetsu Sangokushi, which I have seen is shounen-ai just to follow the trent.

Of course this could also mean that there aren’t really that many voice actors out there, who knows. But to have followed it exactly like that, and had the same voice actor in all of them was something shocking for me.

Have someone already noticed that there is an American voice actor for Yoite already? You all know what that means don’t cha? Of course I found out that he is male, and something about it just doesn’t agree with me. Being genderless, I felt like it was perfect to have a very deep female voice for Yoite. I don’t know, what you think?

Thank you all again for having survived my ramblings once again!

Ja ne!

No comments: