Monday, August 24, 2009

Reflections and some Yoite Cosplay Pictures

I have always been complaining, since I moved to this new city, that I needed new friends. I pretty much have no one to talk to (besides my friend) about the things like anime and manga. I tried with my childhood friends, but they kind of brushed me off. Decided that instead of Nabari no Ou (for example) they rather wash Hetalia (which I really don't mind) and read shoujo (which I actually DO mind). I insisted and insisted, but my words just fell on deaf ears so to speak.

A couple of days ago I decided to join a manga/anime group that gathers here in the city. I was actually very excited to finally take part of a group like this, and also motivated to go to the meetings and participate in whatever is that they do. So I signed me up (besides my unlucky friend, I needed a ride after all XD) to one of these meetings this weekend, to see what they do.

I went, I saw... and I was pathetic (and I do mean me).

I must be the most shy person ever to live on this planet it seems. After a little reflection I realized that in all my career at the University I pretty much only made two friends (who actually started to speak to me very suddenly, and freaked me out).

I must be like a small wild creature where, if you are too bold, it will just freak out and ran off. Am I even human?

Back to the meeting. I went there and I realized that I couldn't gather the courage to talk to these people (and it was easy to tell who they were). It was happening on a tea house, so we pretty much went there, bough some tea (yummy), talked for a while and left. Must admit that we ears-dropped on their conversations (something that we are not proud of but are rather good at it), and saw that it was interesting and entertaining to participate.

IF ONLY I COULD TALK TO THEM!

It was so pathetic that my friend went and bought me a Ramune to cheer me up (double yummy! now I'm collecting them XP). Pathetic commoner me that couldn't talk to people, and has complained of having no friends at all (now I'm actually seeing the common factor here).

But! To cheer me up a little, I went and dressed up yay! The next day I prepared everything that I had so far, and went up to take pictures (it was sooo embarrasing). It was kind of rushed, so my hairstyle could have been better. Main point here was my clothes not my hair okay? So la la la la... Here they are!


It took me a couple of trials to get this one. I was either or too far to the left, or too far to the right, not the right position, too close, too far, etc. I was taking the pictures by myself, so it was pretty frustrating. But ta-da!


Okay, must admit that I had to beg for help on this one. I had no shoes, and I didn't want to take a picture where my feet would show. But now it's... A black thing with a hat...

Further note here. It is a extremely comfortable position o_O. Kinda feels like the saying "out of sight, out of mind."


I want my glooooves. It took me a couple of minutes to decide if I wanted to make this position or not. Remembering that Yoite sometimes appeared without gloves, I really saw no problem then. Yet... Damnit! Stupid light doesn't show off the COOLNESS of my trench coat.

Common Sense: Show off...

Hey, if you got it, show it XD


This one makes me remember the scene where we are introduced to Raikou and Gau and yadda yadda (everyone else). Once again, the hat makes it reaaaally easy not to have eye contact. It kinda makes a comfort zone that follows you everywhere. Not a good thing for shy people.


And a close up for the coat! Once again... STUPID LIGHT! GAH!

That's it for today. Thanks for reading everyone!

Ja ne!

4 comments:

heijihatsutori said...

OMG...it's Yoite!!! *dies*

~Yoite~ said...

Thank you! I am honored that you think that way ^_^. Look Yoite! They say I look like you!

Miharu: ... You look nothing like my Yoite. Yoite is far more beautiful than you.

Me: T^T *sniff* Miharu is meaaaaaan.

Yoite: ... Don't look at me.

Me: I'll go back to my angst then *hugs in a corner*

Anonymous said...

so cool *A* nice cosplay~ (can I ask you where you got that hat >w<)

Anonymous said...

OMG I have that exact same hat and Iäm going to get a yoite haircut next wednesday! been growing my hair for a long time for this :D