Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi What?!

Okay! Just the other day I was just surfing through the Internet, when I came across a news that one of my favorite mangas (well, not really favorite, but I do like to read it) has actually turned into an anime. In no time I searched for it, and spent a lot of time (time I really couldn't waste, but that is how it usually goes, right?) watching it.

And. Oh. My. God.

The anime/manga is called Sekaiichi Hatsukoi a.k.a. Greatest First Love (or something along that crap). This is a world where some girls decided to have a sex change operation, and turned out "gay." Okay, fine. I might sound extremely sexist when I say this, but is either that or this is a shoujo shounen-ai story. Creepy thought.

The manga for me is so much better... Somewhat... At least more graphic in the fun parts...

The anime on the other hand... Well, just let me show you the first episode...

It all starts with a flashback.



Ah, how romantic. Nice environment, good place. Wait, what? What the hell are sakura petals doing INSIDE the library? What is with this memory?!

Egh... Fine... Is shounen-ai, so I can handle it....


*pauses*

.... Okay, I am certain that I must have clicked the wrong button, and went to an shoujo anime or something. There is no way this is their opening.

*checks*

.... It is their opening.


*pauses again*

... Let me triple check, just to make sure...

*checks*

.... Damn.


This is the first time I think that the people of the anime industry had NO IDEA what to put as a opening scene for this series. Really.


Wow, who wouldn't love to work in a place like this? Just imagine it people, this is what the editors go through with our favorite mangakas! It's like we are one step closer to them! Fun.


This is typical scene, "let me show you how a good kissing scene looks like." Wow, sexual harassment on your first day. Looks like this is a place where you are going to have a lot of fun, isn't it?

At least he is handsome.


Now, this is something that kind of bothers me from this mangaka. She is always putting a lot of stories together, and all her stories seem to be connected to each other somehow.

If you are familiar with Junjou Romantica, then you should recognize the other guy, and know what I am talking about.  


It is a sad day when a gay guy has to sit down and read shoujo. Say day indeed. 


If the place where I worked looked like this... I would go and kira myself. I know the whole "when in Rome, do as Romans do," crap, but COME ON!


The plot thickens!

Okay, so I really didn't mention anything about the story. Don't really want to give away so much, in case you actually want to see it. But you kind of get the hint of how this is going to be... Just expect a lot of pink, and a lot of flowers.

Oh, and commercials.... I JUST LOVE THE COMMERCIALS!

Have a lot of fun with this!

Ja ne

No comments: