Tuesday, October 13, 2009

You know things are bad when...

I was having an online-video conversation with my parents the other day, when something my father said struck me as... Rather odd to be honest.

A little of background info first.

I am mexican, and, as some of you (might) know, Mexico right now is having a national war against drugs. Things are not as nice as they used to with a lot of killings, shootings, kidnappings, people disappearing, etc, etc (why freak you out with more?). It makes me really sad that all of these are happening, because I really love my country. This pretty much displays Mexico as a very bad and corrupted country, when I know it much, much more than that...

Common Sense: So... Why are you not in Mexico anymore?

Me: *cough* MOVING ON!

Anyway... Back to my parents conversations.

My father was telling me of a call he got the other day. It was the middle of the day when the phone rang, and he answered. Suddenly, he hears a woman crying on the phone trying to speak to him. This is more or less how it went. My dad's comments will be between (words).

Daddy: Hello?

Woman: D-d-dad?

Daddy: Hello? (who is this??)

Woman: D-daddy? *sobs*

Daddy: (This is not Nemy or Josh (my brother)) maybe Chibi?) Hello? Chibi?

Woman: *sniff* Y-y-yes...

Daddy: Chibi? Is that you? (Possibly?)

Woman: Y-y-yes dad...

Daddy: (She sounds kind of like Chibi...) Where are you?

Woman: A man wants to speak to you...

This is when my father realized that it was all a scam. Turns out that around the country there have been people 'faking' kidnappings where a woman would call (acting as the daughter of the family), and a guy would tell them to deposit money to an account if they wanted to see their daughter again. The family does as told only to later realize that their daughter was never kidnapped in the first place. Thankfully my father knew about this, and caught on pretty quickly. He hangs up on the phone.

They call again a few seconds later...

Man: We have your daughter-

Daddy: I know your little game. I'm not falling for that one... *hangs up*

Being just a tiny bit preoccupied about my sister, she calls her immediately after that. Must say that my sister suuuucks at answering phone, so she answered my dad's call like half an hour later. She was busy with some job, and couldn't answer my dad. My father could finally breathe.

After telling me all this, this is how our conversation went...

Me: My god... I cannot believe people do that!

Daddy: Unbelievable right? Your mother and I are thinking of having a keyword.

Me: A... Keyword?

Daddy: Yes. A keyword that your brother would tell in the call, so we automatically know that your brother was really kidnapped.

Me: ... So... You are assuming that he WILL ged kidnapped...

Daddy: No. But better safe than sorry right?

Me: Right...

Daddy: We will make the keyword a word that you won't normally say while being kidnapped. Like Coca-Cola or something...

Me: ... Coca-Cola?

Daddy: We will be discussing this with your brother later.

Me: Okay?

You realize at that point that things are doing PRETTY bad when your family is getting ready to have your kid kidnapped at some point in time. I just feel like dragging my whole family to me (out of the country), so I know they are safe T^T

What tragic times we are facing...

Thank you for reading! I know is bunch of nonsense, but I feel much better now ^.^

See you soon! Ja ne!

18 comments:

'Athifah Markzzaki said...

whoa~seems like your family was not really in a safer condition right now..=.='

well,hope that you and your family will always safe..huhuhu..

hmm, i wonder where are you now when the Common Sense asking "why are you not in Mexico anymore"?

p/s : suddenly i remember a scene in episode two of Kuroshitsuji when Ciel had been kidnapped by Azuro Venere...

Sebastian : I am one of the Phantomhive servants, I was just wondering if our young master had been intruding upon you?

Azuro Venere : ....*gasping*

Sebastian : Hello? Is that the case? Hello?

Azuro Venere : ....*still gasping*

Ciel : Woof!

Azuro Venere : erk!? (i'm dead meat)

Sebastian : Understood. I shall come and collect him immediately.

Huhu..they also have their own "kidnapped code"..hmm *thinking*

heijihatsutori said...

Woaa~ talk about danger and all...hope that everything will be ok for your family!! ^^

Kimmy, good reenactment! ^^

Let's turn it to Nabari no Ou's version, shall we? *wink*

Yoite: Where's Miharu? *points finger*

Azuro Venere:....*gasping*

Yoite: Tell me, now. *still points finger*

Azuro Venere: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!

Miharu: Yo..i..te...

Azuro venere: What the..?

Yoite: Die.

~Yoite~ said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA unbelievable that I never thought about it that way Kimmy! I always wondered about the woof thing, and was like "what the heck is that?" I considered that even kidnapped Ciel wanted to annoy Sebastian with dog references...

Tells you how much I know XD

I also think that with Miharu's kidnap, Azuro would wonder why Yoite is not doing anything but point a finger at him (I mean, they don't know ninjas or their ways XD). He would be something like...

Azuro: WHY ARE YOU POINTING A FINGER AT ME? IT'S RUDE YOU KNOW?

Ciel: Woof...

Yoite: You better give me Miharu before the butler gets here. You and I don't want to face the consequences of his arrival.

Azuro: Why would you be scared of him?

Yoite: His... Cat-loving... Tendencies... *shivers and hears footsteps* GIVE ME MIHARU NOW! *Uses Kira*

Ciel: *smirks* Interesting...

Now I am wondering how it would happen if it was backwards? I mean with Yoite being kidnapped? (because, let's be reasonable, who WOULDN'T want to kidnap Yoite?) Would Sebastian do a faster job? XD

heijihatsutori said...

Let's do it then! ^^

Miharu: Give Yoite back. NOW.

Azuro: What?

Miharu: You don't mess with me, you know.

Azuro: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!! AND I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR SOME CAT-SEARCHING BOY!!

Sebastien: Cat? Yoite?

Miharu: Why you...

Azuro: *gasp*

Sebastien: Now you BETTER give up or...*smirk the most evil grin ever*

*the next part depends on people's imagination...-grins-*

'Athifah Markzzaki said...

hahaha..thanks heiji-san..

but, it seems like Azuro Venere was being toyed by our imaginations!
ahaks~

Azuro Venere: Tsk! You all would really have to pay for this!

Yoite: ...*still points finger*

Sebastian: Oh..really? But i'm now interested with this boy *staring at Yoite while smirking*

Yoite: Ergh! *shivers*

Miharu: Why don't both of you save us first so you can do your own 'business' then??

Ciel: Sebastian!

Yoite & Sebastian: *looking at Azuro* Die!

Azuro Venere: What the..?!!

Haha..i'm now really laughs out loud!!!

heijihatsutori said...

Kimmy, you're right! What a poor guy...hahaha!!

~Yoite~ said...

Ciel: What an interest development...

Me: ... Er... Why you say that?

Ciel: Sebastian? You give me desserts whenever I want to, and you can keep that Yoite-the-cat.

Yoite: I'm not a cat!

Sebastian: *Stands straight* Yes! My Lord-o!

Miharu: *Glares* Don't you dare touch my Yoite.

Ciel: *Glares* Watch me...

Me: T^T I'm scared.

Yoite: *Disappears as a ninja*

Sebastian: Oh no you wont. *Goes after Yoite*

Me: Meep! Don't leave me with these two!!!

*Ciel and Miharu in a battle of wills...*

heijihatsutori said...

What a chaos! Hahaha!! This is a whole lot better than the oh-so-boring-and-cliche drama...^^

*sits back and watch with popcorn on hand*

nemy, just enjoy this! ^^

~Yoite~ said...

>.>
<.<
Me: We are talking about a third world war with these two! Gods know what they would do to get what they want! T^T

Grell: Oh! I gotta see this!

Me: T.T Even a shinigami already appear at the scene... Oh well... *sits down and starts eating Pocky*

heijihatsutori said...

Me: Oh, Grell, you're finally here!

Grell: Thanks for inviting me! This sure looks fun!

Me: Indeed, it is! ^^ Don't worry much, Nemy, I'm the one calling him here...the more the merrier, right, Grell?

Grell: Yup!

Me: *wink*

~Yoite~ said...

Me: Look at them! 3 days and is still a draw x_X How do they do it?

Grell: Those brats won't give up for anything.

Me: Talking about not giving up. Where is Sebastian and Yoite?

...

Me: *runs* DON'T YOU DARE TO ANYTHING TO YOITE, SEBASTIAN!

heijihatsutori said...

Me: *Turns and look at grell* Don't you think this is getting boring?

Grell: Yeah...

Me: Let's go watch the other battle, shall we? It'll be more interesting now that nemy have join them..*smirk*

Grell: *grin* let's go!

Me: ^^

heijihatsutori said...

Me: *Turns and look at grell* Don't you think this is getting boring?

Grell: Yeah...

Me: Let's go watch the other battle, shall we? It'll be more interesting now that nemy have join them..*smirk*

Grell: *grin* let's go!

Me: ^^

~Yoite~ said...

*faintly in the background*

Me: Agh! No! Don't TOUCH THERE! Meow! Darn these cat-ears, LEAVE ME ALONE! Yoite! Help!

Yoite: No.

Sebastian: Don't be shy kitty. I just want to pet you.

Me: That is NOT petting! Nooo! Told you not to touch there! Agh!! Meeoooowww!

heijihatsutori said...

Me: *Froze* Er..Grell...? What do you think is...happening...?

Grell: *Screams* Sebas-chan!! Play with me too~~

Me: *Walks damn slow towards them* Stop thinking..it's fine...it's fine...it's fine...it's DAMN fine...ARGHHHHHHHH!! Sebastien, leave Nemy alone!!

*runs*

~Yoite~ said...

~* Scene*~

Me: No! I am very ticklish at my stomach >.< Meow!

Sebastian: There now. No need to play hard to get. We all know cats just adore attention *leers*.

Me: T^T

Sebastian: Now is time to feed you.

Me: Oh My God...

heijihatsutori said...

*arrives at the scene*

Me: Nemy, are you o...k?

Nemy: Meow!

Sebastien: Here's your food~

*hands over a giant fish*

Me: Er...won't you cook that first?

Sebastien: *Smiles*

~Yoite~ said...

Me: *makes big eyes clearly saying 'save me'" Meeoooowwwwww!!! T^T

Heiji: And for that matter, does it have to be in the floor too?

Sebastian: My kitty knows not to complain.

Me: *sniffles and starts eating*

Sebastian: Now, while she is occupied. I will get her toys.

Me: *falls to the floor* Oh my god, I wanna die now. Now I know exactly what Yoite felt when he/she wanted to disappear. Although, for totally different reasons...

Miharu: *walks in* Yup, arrived exactly on time. *takes pictures of Nemy*