Monday, November 30, 2009

Counting Manga with Yoite and Miharu part 2

Just a little later note on my previous post. I have been showing to some of my friends this video (because I think is hilarious), and I have been quite surprised by the responses I have gotten from it.

First I showed it to my closest friend Ashke, because I wanted to make a very good point with the video. The point being that I do not have nearly as many mangas as they do. If any, I am barely reaching 100. Seeing that I am not so overboard as them, give meeee my Nabari no Ou volume 2!!!

Unfortunately it didn't work...

It did give Ashke another (apart from the mangas) big shock with the video.

It seems that I have quite a resemblance to the girl cosplaying Yoite. But like a big shocking resemblance that scares them a lot. At the beginning I was thinking, well duh! I am having the same haircut (and wearing the same hat), so of course we look the same!

This was his reaction:

Ashke: Okay fine, I'll watch it.

Me: Yay!

Ashke: ... Nemy? What are you doing in the video?

Me: Wha?

Ashke: When did you take this video? And who is the girl sitting next to you?

Me: What? I didn't take any video! (hate my image on any screen is not even funny)

Ashke: But I see clearly here that you... Wait... That is not you...

Me: Of course not! Since when do I have blue eyes?!?!?

Ashke: But she looks just like you.

Me: Well of course. We are cosplaying the same character.

Ashke: The boy?

Me: Not a boy...

Ashke: But even the same hair and the hat.

Me: Actually I have it longer, and is not the same hat.

Ashke: Fine, whatever. You look exactly the same...

I didn't believe him, and I forgot entirely this conversation until later. The next day I showed it to one of my friends (who is also a big fangirl), and her reaction was this.

Lanz: Nemy! You look exactly like the girl in the hat!

Me: Oh, not you too... (and she hasn't seen me recently, nor my cosplaying)

Lanz: Yeah totally... It really surprises you at the beginning. Later you start to tell the differences.

Me: Meh...

Lanz: So hey Nemy.

Me: Yes?

Lanz: ... How many mangas do you have?

Me: XD Gosh I dunno. I have them all hidden (from my family), that it would take me forever to find them and count them. You?

Lanz: Not as crazy as that! I think I have over 100 maybe...

Me: Yeah me too...

By then I was starting to think that maybe they were having a point somewhere about the resemblance. So I showed it to another friend who I haven't seen in months, just to see his reaction. If he thinks the same thing, then I will give the point to them that we do have a resemblance. Dunno from where, seeing that she is blond, white, blue eyed, and me brunette, tanned, brown eyed.

This was his reaction.

Cat: ..... GAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Me: What? What! What happened?!

Cat: How scary!

Me: What is?!

Cat: She looks just like you!!!

Me: -_- Darnit.

Cat: It surprised me a lot. At the beginning I thought it was you.

Me: You know I don't have many friends here.

Cat: Yeah, that's how I knew that it couldn't be you. You with your big antisocial-totally-awkward-moments skills.

Me: *glares* Thank you so much.

So probably they do have a point. Can't say. I still thought it was funny, and worth sharing it with you guys. Hope you don't mind...

See you all soon! Ja ne!

No comments: